Who am I?

Hello. My names Adam Greathead and i am a 23 year old gardener from Stourbridge in the West Midlands. I live here at 'Duck Pools' so named as we are fans and live amongst ducks (amongst other things). I live with my family and our little b order terrier Monty. All things plant-related fall to me as head Gardener.For about 10 years i have also tended two allotments (named vegetable garden from now on).
Beingpart of our localgardeningguildfor several years i am now vegetable judgefor our meetings and speakers secretary. I am also Secretary to NVS West Mids D.A.
I have written gardening articles for several publications and currently write for 'Simply Veg' magazine (available from NVS).

Tuesday 4 February 2014

More room for more veggies!

It's official- we have today  taken on our third allotment.

 We had a call last night from our friend who deals with lettings to say we were next on the list and one (plot 78a) had become vacant. So without further ado we took a look this morning and we were starting work just after lunch!]The plot has been neglected (like most plots that become vacant) but it shouldn't be too bad to get on top of. Here's a pic I took this morning on our visit:-
 
We plan to clear the front area and woodchip it for somewhere to park the car(s) when we're there. This afternoon I dug a bed for the potatoes and dad started clearing some of the topgrowth at the front of the plot. Amongst the rubbish we discovered three great clumps of rhubarb which was a bonus and four small bags of well rotted horse manure- gotta be a good thing!
A few months down the line this will be full of fruit and veggies- keep checking in and watch this space...

6 comments:

  1. 3 allotment's adam I see plenty of work to keep you occupied (liz ) ,i'll pop in now and again to see how thing's are going

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't follow you there liz???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry liz- getting mixed up with who's message is who.
    I'm not sure who else is leaving a comment but I obviously appear to have upset you somehow??? Please do let me know how as I must admiti am a little confused??. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi adam , please don't get me mixed up with this person's comment's , if I leave a comment I also have the decency to leave my name , I don't leave comments every time I look in but , but doesn't mean I don't like to pop in and see what your up to , keep the good work up ( LIZ )

    ReplyDelete